Thursday, July 16, 2009

Great Christian Rap Songs!!!

Atonement Q@A by Shai Linne:

Verse 1


Who is God? God is the universe’s Creator

And Sustainer plus the only Savior, there is no one greater

He triune, holy, omnipotent, omniscient, absolute

Loving, sovereign and righteous are a few of His attributes

How do we know this? Well, we know this from the Bible

Where God has revealed Himself- anything else is just an idol

What’s the Bible about? Man’s complete ruin in sin

And what God has done in Christ to bring us to Him again

What is sin? Sin is the breaking of God’s law

Plus our condition, which means from birth we all got flaws

What’s the result? The result is by nature we’re God’s enemies

And must pay the penalty unless God provides the remedy

What the remedy? The remedy is the cross of Christ

Where He suffered all the strikes for the lawless type

I’ve been rescued by the Lamb, I’m convinced that He’s risen

And blessed is the man whose sins are forgiven!


Chorus


Just fall back, and with the eyes of faith

Behold the beauty of surprising grace

Because the Lamb has died, third day He had to rise

He’s magnified- God’s wrath is satisfied


Just fall back- there’s an atonement now

The cross of Christ is holy ground

Because the Lamb has died, third day He had to rise

He’s magnified- God’s wrath is satisfied


Verse 2


Regeneration- the Holy Spirit’s true work in His love

To the elect, who receive new birth from above

Expiation- expiation means God’s removed my filthiness

The old testament type was the goat into the wilderness

Redemption- we’ve been freed from slavery to sin

And His very own blood is the price He paid, my friend

Propitiation- Propitiation means since the Lamb has died

His work is finished- God’s wrath is satisfied

Adoption- adoption means God is now my Father

I got the hottest Poppa and by the Spirit holler Abba

Reconciliation means there’s no more enmity

God is now a friend to me, we’re no longer enemies

Justification- God declares us righteous

Sanctification- we’re being made into His likeness

Glorification- that’s what happens at the finish

When God conforms believers perfectly to Christ’s image!


Chorus


Verse 3


God’s grace is magnificent, He slayed His innocent

Son- through faith and repentance we get the benefits

What is faith? Faith is a gift from God- when we receive this

We trust and treasure the person and finished work of Jesus

Repentance? Repentance is turning from your sin

And trusting Christ as the Spirit cleanses you within

What is grace? Oh, grace is unmerited favor

Our inheritance major ‘cause we cherish the Savior

Right, and if I may quote again, we were doomed with Satan

But believers get Jesus’ righteousness through imputation

Imputation? God takes Jesus’ righteousness amount

Through faith He credits it into the Christian’s account

Anything else? Well, I guess this overview must suffice

But none of this is possible apart from union with Christ

And finally, once you know the ways of the Lord than the

only thing that you can say is Soli Deo Gloria!




Identity by Lecrae and Da Truth

Hair check, shoes check,
brand new fit looking cool check,
looking in mirror like "ooooh yes!"
cover for an insecure dude check, She wont' feel me and they wont like me if I ain't in them J's or them brand new Nikes,but lets dig deeper inside my pysche
when it's all said and done even I don't like me
He live in the gym and his hair stay faded
late model car so they think he made it
but he's Christian he gave his life
but he still ain't satisfied in the savior Christ
still finds his identity in looks and cars
if he only knew that he ain't have to look so hard
If looked in God though it may seem odd he be so satisfied he could leave it all.

[ Chorus ]
I'm not the shoes I wear, I'm not the clothes I buy
I'm am not the house I live in, I'm not the car I drive
I'm not the job I work, You can't define my worth
By nothing on God's green earth, my identity is found in Christ.

[ D.A. T.R.U.T.H. ]
How do I gauge success,Why do I say I'm blessed,
Huh,Is it the car that I drive or the place that I rest or the way that I dress,
now Is the cause of my pride,
the stage and the set or my face in the press,
now Cause the applause it dies
When the praise is less if my face is depressed,
then/It's cause my value and worth is in the volume of the work I produce in the booth
It's a prize and a curse if defined by the perks when the truth is through
Man I'm goin' feel like I don't want to live no more, no more, no more
Cause they don't like me like they did in 04,04,04
So, I swallow my pride empowered by God,
I'm complete in Him
He's got peace God's priest I'm in In
His presence weak-His strength
Meet His kin We His brethren Read this list
Me forgiven
He's dismissed guilt and my sin and
I find my worth cause I'm Jesus' friend

[ Chorus ]
I'm not the shoes I wear, I'm not the clothes I buy
I'm am not the house I live in, I'm not the car I drive
I'm not the job I work, You can't define my worth
By nothing on God's green earth, my identity is found in Christ.

[ LeCrae ]
Got her hair done, toes and nails
is that Her? well it's hard to tell
cause she's caked up in so much make up
It's like she's tryna make up for what she ain't
but she's a saint but so confused
cause she's been rejected by all these dudes
that tell her on a scale of 10 she's a two
but that ain't true if she only knew
In Christ she is loved she secure and accepted
She'll never be rejected by God who's elected her
Her beauty is her Godliness
And she ain't gotta try to flaunt it cause it's obvious
[ Identity is found in the God we trust
Any other identity will self destruct.x2 ]

[ Chorus ]
I'm not the shoes I wear, I'm not the clothes I buy
I'm am not the house I live in, I'm not the car I drive
I'm not the job I work, You can't define my worth
By nothing on God's green earth, my identity is found in Christ.


Man Up by Da T.R.U.T.H.

(Verse 1)
You know how da plot goes, you could tell the difference when da pops home, most of us are not told, often when da pops home, leaves a legacy, plant seeds then the crops grow
i recall my pops cults, when i was a snot nosed, kid with no control, that's like a city that's without walls.
I could still hear his teachings ringin though the house halls, when its not profitable,
had to keep my mouth closed.
Gettin over obstacles, dodgin all da potholes,
he taught me eticates and ethics out of God's laws
Turned me on my hine wall chambers
now my eyes close, prayin that i would find a wife that would make my house home
yea; now probably say im faithful, if it wasn't for those spankins then i'd probably pop pain pills
Now im off trainin wheels, since i had a father that, tol me got the fathers heart, ima grip da train and build.....

(chorus)
WARRIORS
if you walk in the authority of Jesus man have your shoulders broad
(where my)WARRIORS
if you stand up under preasure like da hebrew boys and your soul is strong
(where my) WARRIORS
God fearin gentlmen, generals, get in your positions man
(where my)WARRIORS
men take coverage, dont faint, dont fall if you know the lord
(where my)WARRIORS

(verse 2)man we need role models, gotta lot of teachers but, man we need more fathers,
talkin bout spiritual, teach us how to be mature, but of they abandon us,
how we gon go further?
Tell me who we gonna follow, we gonna get our cold values, from the dudes rappin on the screens of our floor models.
and you dont wanna leave it up to rappers who pretend to be track stars, bonafide home mothers
Hold up, more problems,
They wont step one foot in, to the local church cuz it, caters to a womens bent
and its full of feminine, man men we pushin them, far away from Christ into the arms of the muslim men!
Cuz men dont need the print we need strength, Christ was not a hippie pickin lillies' with his friends, Jesus was a mans man, so men followed him, doin God the father will, sayin father i wont sin!

(chorus)

(verse 3)
Listen, I am not a chovenous, but a Godly man is a stickler for holiness, him and Christ look alikes, sorta like the Olsen twins, and he practices what he preaches from the holy script!
But a natural man, he dont even know he's sick, he think its natural man to treat him like he dont exist.
he's enticed by every woman that blows a kiss, sin makes a Godly man wear like moby dick!
A Godly man's content when hes in the church, a natural man chases whatever's in a miniskirt, or in a dress like the gettysburg, its monogomous even if it really hurts like givin birth!
But thats the cause and affect, which really goes to show you how the cross can affect,
new man new clothes in the drawers of our dressers, man we at war with our swords and our vestes!


Legacy by Da T.R.U.T.H.

[Intro]
This song is a tribute
To the families and loved ones of Cassie and Rachel
The two young ladies that were martyred
At the incident at Columbine High School in 1999

[Verse One]
Who would have known that a couple of guys from Columbine
Would come from behind- put guns to the spine
Of some innocent people- the teachers, the students
The feet of the teachers are screeching through rooms
The mood has been set by the fear of the villains
The bombs and the threats are by Eric and Dillon
America's villains- generic you're feeling
It is not- it is the plot for a pair that is chilling
In the glorious heavens, standing for Christ in a crisis
I know that it's rare what I'm feeling
Excitement incited- declaring the Pilgrims'
Faith and their fate I'ma share with my children
Cassie and Rachel, the past of the patrons
That passed through the ages in Africa, Asia
The Master that saved you, the laughter, the hatred
Jesus predicted that the masses would hate you

[Hook]
So, don't think it strange if a change might occur
If it does, are you ready and prepared for the curve
And a turn for the worst- would you fight, would you fall
Would you die for the Christ, that's the price of the call

[Verse Two]
Frustrated by the snares and the toils, parents annoy you
Truth of the matter is we're arrogant, spoiled
America's soil has soiled us, sort of
And pastors insist on declaring us royal
And it's true that we are but we take it too far
To the point where we break and we take down the bar
And forsake all the parts of The Faith that are hard
To embrace after all we've outsmarted the martyrs
We race up the charts- if you trace it to the start
You will find that the way to escape from the dark
And your wake is to carve off the weight and the heart
Of the truth, until everybody loves you
Jesus said woe to you old and new saints
That hold a view that you can go through The Faith
With nobody loathing you, that's a view
That you only can hold when your home is the states

[Hook]

[Verse Three]
The bones that are picked are the bones that depict
That they combed through their homes with the stones and the sticks
The aromas- a stench- so they rose up against them
At home and at Rome- throwing stones at the Christians
Got a hold of them- gripped them, kicked them, scarred them
Saw them, sawed them- they were thrown in a pit
With the toads and the vermin- I'm rolling the clips
It's urgent the scourges- the groans from the licks
The anger, the stranglers, the hangers, the danger
For all of the Christians that rolled in a clique
Ended up in the teeth of the beast that would feast
On the saints that would preach- they were thrown over cliffs
This is not known to exist in the states
Or the place where the home is just bliss
This song is intense- 'cause it's truth
And I'm trying to convince you that no one's exempt
Yet no one's equipped
Got our phones on our clips
Our focus is both on our loans and our cribs
Our fitness- our business has grown in a pinch
Would you fight would you fall
Would you ball up your fist
Would you falter or march to your grave 'cause you're saved
And your life is in Christ and to die is to gain
Would you die in His name
For the rise of His fame
Despising the shame
'Cause you're promised to reign

No comments: