Monday, April 13, 2009

Mind and Body

God has made our minds and our bodies to be temples for His Holy Spirit to dwell in. He wants us to think on things above and not on earthly things. He wants us to keep our bodies and minds free from the moral filth, and outrageous garbage this sinful world has to offer. We are to stay away from dirty videos, blaspheming speech that defiles the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and we are to stay away from those people who gossip about others behind their back. We are to keep our minds on the Scripture, reading it daily, and using out bodies that God has blessed us with to do His will for us which is to make disciples of all nations. Our mind is a powerful thing and it is not to be wasted. We are to meditate upon Scripture, grow from mentors and Christ-centered and heavenly-minded leaders that God has placed in our lives. Jesus Christ our Lord wants us to use our bodies to glorify Him and He does not want us to waste our bodies by smoking, drinking, or anything that would not allow us to perform at our highest capability. I am a Christian first and athlete second, so I need a solid, strong, well balanced mind and body. I need to work as hard as I can to develop muscle coordination, muscle strength, core, leg, and upper body strength, speed, endurance, and I must also develop the spiritual aspect of my life which includes becoming a prayer warrior, Scripture reader, mentor to a new follower of Jesus Christ, and following the commands and teachings of my Heavenly Father God.

I am blessed by God and I pray to be a blessing to others,
Mark Cannon

No comments: