Saturday, August 15, 2009

August 16th I will be 18 years old!!

On August 16th I will turn 18 years old, I have been blessed by my Lord, Best Friend, and Saving King Jesus Christ with life, a loving family, great friends, a roof over my head, food to eat, clothes to wear, and the Bible to read and grow daily in my relationship with God. I have taken hgh aka human growth hormone since I was less than a year old. I have taken a pill to help me live since I was a less than 2 years old. I have had my blood tested over 40 times in my life. Blood testing is when the doctors withdraw blood from your veins in your arm to test how your medicine is working in your body, and they see if they need to add or take away a certain amount of medicine so you can live a healthy and productive life. I have become 5 feet 9 and 1/2 inches tall because of the hgh and I am very thankful God has allowed me to be His desired height. I have had many ups and downs in my life, including meeting Charlie Ward who is one of the greatest athletes in the history of sports because he was the Heisman Trophy winner in college football at Florida State and he was a point guard for The New York Knicks in the NBA Finals. I have been to many different sports games including Dogers, Angels, Lakers, Giants, Athletics, Warriors, and Cal Poly Mustangs spanning from baseball and football to basketball games. I have been to Hawaii 4 or 5 times. I have been to New York, the 4 corners, Georgia, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Washington, Florida, Louisiana and a few other states as well as Canada and Mexico. I have been a Christian since age 4 or 5 and I have grown closer to the Lord ever since, I praise Him for blessing me so much. I have had disappointments in my life as well, I have put my trust in people only to realize that they did not care anything for me and wish I would stay out of their lives, which does hurt when you respect them and they do not care about you. We all go through problems in life, but I know that God has a special plan on my life, I just need to love Him with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength, trust His will for my life, love my neighbor as myself by thinking of others as more important then myself, serving them to glorify God. I need to shine the light of Jesus Christ to this lost world filled with people against God, as we all were before Christ saved us from our sins and told us to be an example to those around us, even if we are young, old, whether we have different skin tones, worship styles, and differences in attitudes and likes, because we know that God loves us and we must show this love to the world.

I am looking forward to what God has in store for my life, and for the lives of those who impact me and the lives of those who I have impacted because of Christ,
Mark Cannon

No comments: