Thursday, February 19, 2009

Joy

What is joy? Well, I know that joy and happiness are not the same thing. I was hurting by the way some people treated me and I was not very happy. I was joyful however because I have the Holy Spirit in me and I will not be sad because Nehemiah 8:10 says the joy of the Lord is my strength and that is so amazingly true. As a follower of Jesus Christ my Lord I can rejoice in my heart, and trust in His holy name, as Psalm 33:21 says.
Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance;
perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us. Romans 5:1-5. This shows us that we can have joy in Jesus Christ.
But rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed.
1 Peter 4:13. This shows us that we can still have joy in the Lord even in troubling times. When the world filled with haters are putting you down, you can have joy in the Lord, and He will continue to renew your strength every day.

No comments: